This week, the first activity that kiddos did at KiddoStem Lab was to make playdough. They had fun having their hands dirty while mixing the dough. After the dough is done, they used their imagination to create shapes and objects. Playdough play has many benefits for kiddos such as:
- Fine Motor Skill Development
- Calming and soothing activity
- Good for creativity and imagination
- Develops hand-eye co-ordination
- Good for Social skills
- Literacy and Numeracy development
The second activity was about electricity. Kiddos learned about how electricity transfer from one material to another and what type of materials that can carry electric static. They tried couple objects such as Balloon, Plastic Ruler, Wood Ruler, and paper. This activity is to help kiddos get a better understanding about electric static.