What is Imagine Cup Junior?
- Imagine Cup Junior (https://imaginecup.microsoft.com/en-us/junior) is a global technology challenge for students aged 13-18, organized by Microsoft.
- Students dream up a technology idea that will make a difference in the world and compete with other students across the globe.
- The 2021 challenge is focused on Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Good.
- This theme is very relevant to Indonesia’s recent focus on AI with the publication of Indonesia National AI Strategy in November 2020.
- Note that this is not a technical coding competition, but more of a design thinking competition. The deliverable is not a software product, but a presentation about idea and solutions using AI technologies.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Good Categories
Why Kiddos Should Join Imagine Cup Junior?
- Kiddos will develop new knowledge and skills in the important field of Artificial Intelligence.
- They will be challenged to show strong adaptability through the program as they work in their teams.
- Kiddos will take agency by identifying a problem and solving it.
- High quality material provided by Microsoft.
- Continuous support by KodeKiddo teachers.
- All online. Safe and no need for travel.
Who Can Participate?
- Students from SMP / SMA, age 13 – 18 yro
- Open for public
- Individual or team (max 4 anak)
- No coding experience is needed
- English reading & writing skills are required
- Access to internet and online meeting platforms are needed
How Does the Competition Work?
For this year, all the activities are done online. Via live online meeting or via online documentations.
After the registration, participants will get various free resources such as webinars, slides and hackathon event from Microsoft.
Since there are a lot of materials starting from the introduction of Artificial Intelligence concept to a deeper look at various components such as machine learning, deep learning and neural network, and implementation of AI, KodeKiddo offers two special classes to guide the students through all of these materials:
- Short Lessons class covers 5 sessions x 60 minutes
- Deeper Lessons class covers 5 sessions x 90 minutes
See the detail topics for each of the class below.
- Registration : Now – 15 February 2021
- Special Class (Short Lessons & Deeper Modules) : Feb – April 2021
- Microsoft Webinar “AI for Good”: 9 Maret 2021
- Design Thinking Webinar: 21 February 2021
- Hackathon from Microsoft: 28 April 2021 (optional)
- Submission : 18 May 2021
- Winner announcement: 10 June 2021
- Competition only : FREE
- Short Classes (5 sessions x 60 min) : 650 rb
- Short Classes (5 sessions x 60 min) & Deeper Modules (5 sessions x 90 min) : 1.2 jt
What to Submit and Judging Criteria?
More information on the Microsoft website : https://imaginecup.microsoft.com/en-us/junior